Sports injuries are common. While some are relatively mild, others are extremely serious and can prevent you from participating in your favorite sport. If you are a professional athlete, you want to get relief as fast as possible and resume your sporting activities. At Advanced Healthcare in Springdale, our chiropractors provide quality chiropractic care for sports injury treatment. Visit us today for a thorough consultation to treat the source of your injury, provide pain relief, and support the healing process.
Common Sports Injuries
- Sprains and strains: Sprains occur when the ligaments that support your joints are stretched or torn. Strains occur mostly to the muscles and can be mild or severe. The most common causes are falls, overstretching, and overuse of the muscles.
- Fractures: Fractures occur when your bones break or fracture. These injuries are common in contact sports like football or hockey when you get hit from all directions. Fractures can also happen due to falls from a great height or speed due to a forceful impact.
- Tennis elbow: This happens when you exert too much force on your elbow. Tennis elbow occurs when the tendons of your forearm muscles swell or tear.
- Joint injuries: These include injuries like dislocations, torn ligaments, torn cartilage, dislocated bones, and fractures in the joints. Joint injuries are common in contact sports or when you suddenly change your activity level by starting something new like running or cycling.
- Concussions: Concussions are a type of traumatic brain injury that occurs when your brain suddenly shifts or rotates within the skull, damaging the nerve cells. Boxing and contact sports like rugby, ice hockey, and football are some of the most common causes.
What to Expect from Chiropractic Care
Dr. Garner and Dr. Sasser always start with an in-depth evaluation. This is a procedure where we assess your symptoms and lifestyle. We will take a complete medical history, including any past sports injuries you have experienced. We will also note your medication list. Furthermore, our chiropractic team will ask you about stress at home or work, eating patterns, and sleeping habits.
We will then move on to a physical assessment which includes examining your posture and muscle strength. We will test your range of motion and flexibility. This allows us to determine the nature of your sports injury and create a treatment plan that is gentle yet effective. Some of the techniques we use for sports injury treatment include massage therapy, joint mobilization, chiropractic adjustment, electrical muscle stimulation, therapeutic exercises, and others.
Contact Advanced Healthcare in Springdale, AR
At Advanced Healthcare in Springdale, we provide high-quality chiropractic care. Whether you are a professional or just starting your sporting career, chiropractic care can help you find relief from your sports injury. Call Dr. Garner and Dr. Sasser today at 479-571-2273 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.